1. Spelling, grammar, punctuation
Check for proper spelling, typos, and grammar site-wide. Not just in article text and headlines, but also throughout the navigation, calls-to-action, buttons, forms etc.
Fill out the forms on the site and go through the following questions:
- Can the flow be improved?
- Do you get stuck?
- Are the instructions accurate?
- Does the completed form get sent to the right people or person?
3. Check images
Make sure your images are all optimised for the web. Ensuring they’re not too large – and site-speed draining. As well as being properly labelled with titles and alt-text.
When giving a critical eye to the pages within the site, ask:
- Why would I visit this page?
- Is the content ready for visitor?
- Does the page address the audience?
A part of the article posted on ClickZ here.